This was another week of spending most of my time learning Gutenberg and creating custom blocks. It definitely has taken me longer to get used to React than I had expected, but the projects I am working on right now are not simple “Hello World” introductions, they are fairly complicated interfaces. I have been making progress on my custom block for selecting five posts from a custom post site. It still has a variety of React “strict mode” warnings, styling, and user experience improvements to be made. But, thankfully, every new concept and function I have to figure out in Gutenberg will be used over and over again.
I finally made time to work on the Fortus integration for Arc Insurance. It was nice to jump back into that project, after almost two months of having it on the back burner. I made some fixes to our XML generation script and have a few more things I need to improve on it. On Friday, I ended up having to attend a family event mid-day that took longer than expected, so I only got a few hours of work in.
Next week, I am looking forward to working on a new Gutenberg block because it feels like I’ve been working on this one forever!